The challenge for October at 13@rts is Color My World. I’m showcasing this black and white photo of my boys with the beautiful theme song Lean on Me by Bill Withers.
My white background has a layer of gesso and then it’s watercolored, splashed, and stenciled with Ayeeda mists in pastels (turquoise, yellow, and salmon) and then stamped with text. The chip music and feather were also gessoed in white and then painted with the same colors (the feather was also stamped with text). The resist chip hearts were also white as well as the cheesecloth and fabric alphas. The die cut leaf is from white cardstock that was dabbed with the yellow mist and then stamped. The pretty Ayeeda flowers were also white. The photo is matted on white paper that was stamped with text and then distressed and inked with the yellow mist. I used the same yellow mist to color some texture paste that was brushed on the background and then mixed with Ayeeda 3D powder for some texture through a star stencil.
...and a close-up...
Rules of the challenge # 23:
1. Use a white background for your project. It can be cardstock, watercolor paper or patterned paper. You can have motifs and designs that are coloured but the base must be white and the white should still be visible after all your alterations.
2. Use a black and white photo. For cards or art journals, your sentiments/journaling should also be in either black or white.
3. The colours on your project should come from paints or mists, or any other colorants (distress inks, water colors etc). This applies to embellishments as well ie. if you use flowers or letters, they should be white or cream and you color them with your paints or mists. There's no restriction on what colours you want to use - you can have rainbows or you can have all black and white.
4. A song (title or words are ok, in your language of choice) as your theme/title.
5. Publish your project on your blog and add link directly to the post using Inlinkz tool at the end of this post.
6. Please add link and info about our challenge, where your work is published.
7. You may submit as many entries as you like.
8. You can enter with your project to maximum 2 other challenges and your work must be new, not published before our challenge has started.
9. The challenge ends on October the 26th at 23:55. Winners will be announced on October the 30th, 2014.
Thanks for stopping by. Here’s the song… Enjoy!